02.13.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
Everyone makes plans on Valentine’s Day, whether it’s with your significant other, your best buds, or Netflix. No matter what your plans are – take the little extra time to pamper yourself! Here are some ways to treat yourself this February 14th!
Soak in a warm Rose and Chamomile Oil bath.
Add a few pumps of the Rose Hand+Body Wash for a bath full of floral bubbles. Incorporate several drops of our Chamomile Treatment Oil for extra soft, touchable skin.
Bonus tip: The Chamomile Treatment Oil is a perfect massage oil.
Scrub your way to kissable lips.
Don’t forget your pucker when exfoliating with our Jojoba Face Scrub. Gently massage the cream based scrub over lips for a few seconds. Rinse with warm water and follow up with our intensely hydrating Lip Moisturizer.
After you’ve soaked and buffed, it’s time to set the mood. Light up an Absolute Rose Candle, after trimming the wick of course! The soft middle notes of Moroccan rose are brightened with top notes of ivy and pear.
Sit back and enjoy the rest of your evening. xoxo
01.30.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
This winter is about survival mode. With temperatures staying below freezing regularly, a cute outfit is the farthest thing from my mind. The ultimate goal of evading frostbite doesn’t change the fact that we still need to look presentable. As fashionable as some winter hats are – I mean, at times they complete my outfit! – If I do need to shed that extra layer up top, my hair will definitely need some extra loving. Here are the M+G products that swoop in and fix my flattop.
- Hair Pomade – This firm-hold styling aid stands up to hat weather. Before I leave the house, I massage a small amount into my roots for volume. When I get to my destination, I still have a great “pop” at the root.
- Sage Styling Cream 1oz. – I keep this little gem in my bag. Not only does it hydrate my locks, but it gives my fine hair a great manageable tousled look, volume, and shine.
If I’m going to slowly freeze to death, I’m going to look good while doing it.
12.05.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
The holidays are here which means lots of food, lots of eggnog and lots of gift giving and receiving! Gift shopping can bring as much stress as it can pleasure, so I’m here to help ease the process. I’ve thrown together some gift ideas for everyone from Moms to teachers in a range of prices. Happy shopping!
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Cream ($72), Lip Moisturizing ($12) and an Otto Votive ($14)
Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Ivory Razor ($90)
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Serum ($68), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Vetiver Candle ($52)
Jojoba Face Scrub ($38), Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), Sage Body Wash ($18), Sage Styling Cream ($20), and Cannabis Candle ($52)
Lime Hand Wash ($20) and a Dark Rum Votive ($14).
Rum Hand Wash $20
The hard person to shop for: $50 Gift Certificate
09.26.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
By: Erica, National Training Manager.
I was lucky enough to spend 3 training-filled days visiting accounts and staff in Chicago! The windy city turned out to be the rainy city, but the friendly faces made up for my soggy state. I loved training our accounts. From Haberdash, a mens clothing store + apothecary to Smith & Davis, a beautiful salon in Lincoln Park, I repeatedly found myself in niche spots that inspired me to update everything from my hairstyle or my closet. Visiting our out of town accounts in person, takes me back to our brand. We carefully select where MALIN+GOETZ is retailed because we tell a clear, concise story and we want that story present in every location we are found. This trip reminded me how defined the MALIN+GOETZ brand is and why I’m so passionate about my job. Our retailers are each telling their own story and MALIN+GOETZ is lucky enough to be a chapter in each of their worlds. My time in Chicago quickly came to an end, but I came back to New York with fresh eyes and an even greater love for what I do!
08.09.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
This past weekend, I had my first summer picnic in the park! I must say, it was THE perfect day for it – not too hot, a nice breeze and lots of white puffy clouds. Here’s how M+G got me ready for my day out!
- Peppermint Body Scrub – I thoroughly buffed my legs for a close shave. The peppermint wakes you up while liquid bamboo and pumice gently exfoliate dead skin!
- Vitamin E Shave Cream – This treatment shave cream softens my skin and prevents razor burn. My legs may be super pale, but they were also super soft! Moisturizer not even needed – don’t be wasteful!
- Sage Styling Cream – Not only am I pale, but I have fine hair too…I know, I’m a mess. Because my hair is so limp, I like that tousled, “brush hasn’t touched these tresses in days” – look to give the illusion of bountiful locks. After I shampoo and condition, I run a pea sized drop of Sage Styling Cream through my damp hair for that “day at the beach” look. I air dry and I’m on my way.
The next step was finding the perfect tree to relax under. I lucked out! The park wasn’t crowded and I secured a spot under a big tree to lend me shade and give me somewhere to tie up my spirited Yorkie.
Here’s what wrapped up lovely Sunday in the park -
- Neroli Hand + Body Lotion – After a sticky day in the sun, the Neroli Hand + Body lotion is perfect for my sun kissed shoulders. Neroli is calming and soothing and hyaluronic acid puts moisture back into my scorched skin.
- Grapefruit Face Cleanser – After my glorious day of frolicking through the grass, I’m sweaty and petrified of a potential pimple. But I know that’s not a real concern, because I wash my face with the grapefruit face cleanser before bed. Grapefruit kills bacteria, cuts oil and dirt, but the hydrating gel cleanser balances my skin. Ah, so fresh!
It was truly a perfect day in the shade!