07.24.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By: Erica, National Training Manager
Hot, humid days require a little tinkering to our daily skincare regimens. Cleansing is obviously a must, as well as lightweight hydration. This means drinking a lot of H2O and finding the perfect moisturizer for your skin’s needs. Here are some steps I recommend to keeping your skin clear and radiant during these warmer months…
- Water. Lots of it. It’s common knowledge that drinking water is good for you inside and out. We lose a lot of water in warmer temps so it’s a must to take in more and stay hydrated. It also keeps your skin clear and glowing. A little water never hurt anyone.
- Cleansing. Healthy skin starts with cleansing. It prevents breakouts, balances and hydrates. This is the prerequisite to moisturizing.
- Moisturizing. People tend to shy away from moisturizing in warmer temperatures, because they equate it with oily, greasy skin; however, this is definitely not the case. Skipping this essential step can actually lead to an increase in oil production due to the dryness we are causing.
Here’s what I recommend for glowing summer skin –
- Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser. This amino acid based cleanser thoroughly cleanses without stripping or drying, leaving all skin types perfectly balanced. Grapefruit kills bacteria and is a natural astringent, making this a cleanser and toner in one!
- Malin+Goetz SPF 30 Face Moisturizer in the am. This lightweight moisturizer hydrates while providing broad spectrum protection. Bonus: it serves as an aftershave for men and a makeup primer for women.
- Malin+Goetz Replenishing Face Serum in the pm. This hydrating serum provides a punch of moisturize with a lightweight consistency. We like to describe it as, “a drink of water for the face.” This serum keeps my skin looking dewy and bright year round.
03.13.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
Last month I found myself back to the Windy City, and it definitely lived up to its name. I traded one snowy tundra for another, but the one thing I gained was that Midwestern sunny disposition. Despite their smiles, Chicagoans as a whole are 100% completely over this winter. Which is a mentality, we New Yorkers, gladly share. I will say that even though those -30 nights cut like a knife, the city and our accounts, welcomed me with open arms. No matter where I was – Barneys, Bloomingdale’s, Haberdash, Smith & Davis, and MildBlend – the willingness to chat and share winter war stories presented itself daily. Considering this trip, we were dealing with a completely different set of temperatures, I talked up how I keep my skin hydrated and fresh thanks to M+G. I was even lucky enough to get some tips in return. This time of year I rely on a few drops of Chamomile Treatment Oil to calm and soothe redness, and then follow it with the Replenishing Face Cream to deeply hydrate and brighten my parched skin. A new tip I took home – incorporate the Chamomile Treatment Oil with the Jojoba Face Scrub to achieve extra hydration + exfoliation.
Erica and Greg at Barneys North Michigan Avenue
Dennis and Steve, Haberdash Salon
Erica and Kristen at Barneys
02.13.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
Everyone makes plans on Valentine’s Day, whether it’s with your significant other, your best buds, or Netflix. No matter what your plans are – take the little extra time to pamper yourself! Here are some ways to treat yourself this February 14th!
Soak in a warm Rose and Chamomile Oil bath.
Add a few pumps of the Rose Hand+Body Wash for a bath full of floral bubbles. Incorporate several drops of our Chamomile Treatment Oil for extra soft, touchable skin.
Bonus tip: The Chamomile Treatment Oil is a perfect massage oil.
Scrub your way to kissable lips.
Don’t forget your pucker when exfoliating with our Jojoba Face Scrub. Gently massage the cream based scrub over lips for a few seconds. Rinse with warm water and follow up with our intensely hydrating Lip Moisturizer.
After you’ve soaked and buffed, it’s time to set the mood. Light up an Absolute Rose Candle, after trimming the wick of course! The soft middle notes of Moroccan rose are brightened with top notes of ivy and pear.
Sit back and enjoy the rest of your evening. xoxo
01.09.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products, Skin Stories | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
2014 has started with a bang and a string of snow and ice storms. No one has been safe from extreme icy temperatures! If anyone is like me, these dry temps are wreaking havoc on your skin. As soon as the needle drops, I pull out the big moisturizing guns. On those days that my skin is extra parched, I intensify my skincare regimen by adding in a few extra steps of TLC. Let me take you through my super hydrating and brightening routine…
- Day 1 PM: I start by cleansing with the Grapefruit Face Cleanser and following up with the 10% Glycolic Pads. These have been in my regimen for awhile now so I use them as an overnight treatment, but if you are new to the pads, rinse with water and moisturize 20 minutes after applying. The 10% Glycolic Pads deeply exfoliate and reveal a brightened, dewy complexion! I call these guys “new face” because you wake up with new face.
- Day 2 PM: The Detox Face Mask is a deep cleanse and deep moisturizer that uses stable vitamin C, green tea and soy to instantly brighten. Your skin is left thoroughly cleansed, dewy and soft. Then I follow up with the Replenishing Face Serum. Our hyaluronic acid serum plumps up skin, fills in fine lines and draws moisture in deeper. It’s the perfect base for the last and final step – Replenishing Face Cream. Our Replenishing Face Cream is a rich damage repair focused cream that uses vitamins a, b, c and e to protect, and avocado and watermelon to repair.
12.05.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
The holidays are here which means lots of food, lots of eggnog and lots of gift giving and receiving! Gift shopping can bring as much stress as it can pleasure, so I’m here to help ease the process. I’ve thrown together some gift ideas for everyone from Moms to teachers in a range of prices. Happy shopping!
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Cream ($72), Lip Moisturizing ($12) and an Otto Votive ($14)
Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Ivory Razor ($90)
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Serum ($68), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Vetiver Candle ($52)
Jojoba Face Scrub ($38), Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), Sage Body Wash ($18), Sage Styling Cream ($20), and Cannabis Candle ($52)
Lime Hand Wash ($20) and a Dark Rum Votive ($14).
Rum Hand Wash $20
The hard person to shop for: $50 Gift Certificate