11.21.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle | No comments
- Erica – This year I’m so thankful for my precious nephew, Bowman. He’s my favorite person ever and has made my love for my sister grow even more. She is hands down THE best mom ever. Also, avocados.
- Amanda – I’m thankful for my friends and family and Synthesized Lotus Root!
- Robert – I’m thankful for my family, friends, health, my love and season five of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Michael – I’m thankful for MALIN+GOETZ pomade, it makes my hair look amazing!
- Paige- This year I am thankful for my Father’s improving health and my amazingly supportive wonderful man, or my winning lotto ticket as I like to call him.
- Dolores – I’m thankful for my family. As I get older I realize more and more how precious they are to me. I’m grateful for the love and support of my friends. I can honestly say I consider many of my co-workers true friends. I know how rare this is and I truly am grateful.
- Emily – I am thankful for the fact that my parents are an easy 3 hr commute from NYC so I can see them for the holidays. Also, I’m thankful for big, fluffy, grandpa sweaters! Very cozy, and very necessary during the cold months.
- Alessia – My parents live across the country so I’m very thankful to be able to spend the holidays with my fiancé and his family here in NY.
- Kaj – I’m thankful for: A healthy family; The opportunity to live and work in Manhattan; MALIN+GOETZ gratis
- Gabe – I am thankful for my support network- my family and friends, who are always there for me.
- Paul – “Live simply, that others may simply live.”
- Kenne – I’m thankful for all of my friends for their unconditional love and support, and for my parents in heaven for guiding and watching over me. I am truly blessed!
- Sherisse – I am thankful for my family, old/new friends and new beginnings.
- Matthew A – I am thankful for 98 degree weather in Los Angeles during November. And I am thankful for air conditioning. And I am thankful that I found a Starbucks that stays open until midnight near where I live.
- Vinnie – I am thankful for my new studio apartment in Hollywood because I am in walking distance to everything that I need. I am thankful that I have a car, but only need it to get to work.
- Sara – I’m thankful that I got to travel so much in 2013.
- Jake - I’m thankful to be alive and to have such amazing support and love from my friends and family. Living in NYC isn’t easy and they’ve helped make that possible. Also, SO THANKFUL FOR THE NEW SAGE BODY WASH! Holler!
- Sarah – I am thankful for my family in NYC and California, my awesome coworkers, and burritos.
- Fariba – I am thankful for my health first and foremost. Also, I’m so thankful to be a part of the Malin+Goetz family!
- Kristen – I’m really thankful for everything, from big things like friends, freedom, and family to smaller ones like coffee, nail polish, and music. I am most thankful for my crazy and beautiful family. I have so much to be thankful for, I could write a book!
- Devin – I’m thankful for my amazing boyfriend and being able to come live in NYC! I’m also thankful I accidentally got paint on my new jacket (it looks cool now).
10.25.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By: Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
Fall is my favorite dating season because it’s impossible not to look cute in a leather jacket. I know everyone says summer is when your love life picks up, but false, it’s Fall. Here are my favorite tips to for getting date night ready.
- A night or two before the big event, indulge in the MALIN+GOETZ 10% Glycolic Pads. There’s a reason we call this an “overnight resurfacing treatment”, you will wake up with a radiant, glowing complexion and your moisturizers will perform better than ever.
- The day of the date is when you should call on your trusty Detox Face Mask. And it’s not just for your face! The Detox Mask is a deep cleanse + deep moisturizer and instantly brightens with green tea and soy.
- We’re almost to the finish line now! Massage a pea-sized amount of Vitamin E Face Moisturizer for a boost of lightweight hydration that also preps the skin for makeup application.
- Lastly, smooth a little M+G Lip Moisturizer as the perfect lipstick base that prevents feathering, or for a great pop of shine on your pucker.
BONUS: Don’t forget to drop your Vitamin B5 Hand treatment in your purse in case your date and you decide to stroll hand in hand down the street.
Go get em’ daters!
08.22.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
I’ve recently had the pleasure of training the lovely staff at Birchbox. If you guys are anything like me, then you are OBSESSED with Birchbox! I wait patiently each month for my little box to arrive with all its fun treats inside. MALIN+GOETZ has teamed up with them and some of you lucky subscribers will be receiving samples from us. When I went to train their team on all things M+G, I was blown away when I walked into their beautiful news-style office. Everyone there is so happy, super warm, and it’s apparent that they truly LOVE their jobs. I jumped right into training their customer service team and instantly felt at ease and welcomed in front of the large group. They asked very thoughtful questions and were already in love with M+G, which makes my job that much more fun. Afterwards, we shared some laughs and macaroons, celebrating our collaboration.
As I turned to grab my things and leave, someone had left me a Birchbox as a gift. I am not ashamed to admit that I tore into it as soon as the elevator doors closed. The whole evening was a reminder of why I love what I do. Thank you Birchbox! I can’t wait for my next box to arrive!
07.11.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle | No comments
Andrew Goetz and I were invited to attend a panel discussion with Roberta (Robbie) Kaplan—the attorney that represented Edie Windsor in front of the Supreme Court to overturn DOMA. The event was hosted by JP Morgan’s Private Banking Division—a long time support of LGBT financial concerns. The panelists spoke to a group of 100 (we are 99 and 100) about the implications of the decision on taxes, wealth management, business and employment, marriage, health care, etc. It was an inspirational evening of law, taxes and personal stories—with a midtown view of Manhattan from the 50th floor!—for MALIN+GOETZ to be included in support of equality!!!
Pictured from left to right are: John Duffy, CEO Private Banking, JP Morgan; Darren Spedale, the evenings moderator and author, Gay Marriage: For Better or for Worse? and Banker at J.P. Morgan Private Bank; Roberta Kaplan, the attorney who represented Edie Windsor and argued the Windsor case before the Supreme Court to overturn DOMA (Partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP); and Alexander Popovich, Senior Wealth Advisor at J.P. Morgan Private Bank.
06.03.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Locations, Products | No comments
*by Kenne Kuramochi
Well my wish for the cold, harsh New York winter to be over has been granted. Now I’m faced with the hot, humid summer! As I write this from my cozy NYC studio, I consider how to best cope. I turn to my beauty addiction otherwise known as MALIN+GOETZ! Yes, I work for the company, but anyone who knows me knows that I pursued the company to work for them. I truly believe in the performance of every MALIN+GOETZ product and having to be creative in a tiny studio apartment, I have found numerous ways to use my favorites to make myself and my apartment look and feel stupendous!
First, I start by using my Peppermint Body Scrub to cool off and shed dead skin accumulated by previous winter months. From my shoulders to my feet, I can feel the bamboo extract exfoliating my skin—soft to the touch for that summer romance! Next, the subtle, natural Neroli Hand & Body Lotion is a great, lightweight alternative to winter’s choice of the Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer (a rich luxurious cream!). My colleague, Paige, says, “it’s like vacation in a bottle!”
What’s next? Don’t forget to light the Mojito Candle—paradise at the beach. I have received many candles as gifts, but MALIN+GOETZ candles have outlasted every other more expensive candle. While I appreciate the expensive candles in heavy jars imported from France, I will stick with my M+G candles hand-poured here in Brooklyn, New York!
Body smooth and cool: check. Mojito candle lit: check. Ready for one of New York’s finest beaches: CHECK!
*Kenne Kuramochi is our Business Mgr at Barneys on Madison Ave. Visit Kenne there and see his beautiful summer skin in person. You will not be disappointed.*