01.30.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | 2 comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
This winter is about survival mode. With temperatures staying below freezing regularly, a cute outfit is the farthest thing from my mind. The ultimate goal of evading frostbite doesn’t change the fact that we still need to look presentable. As fashionable as some winter hats are – I mean, at times they complete my outfit! – If I do need to shed that extra layer up top, my hair will definitely need some extra loving. Here are the M+G products that swoop in and fix my flattop.
- Hair Pomade – This firm-hold styling aid stands up to hat weather. Before I leave the house, I massage a small amount into my roots for volume. When I get to my destination, I still have a great “pop” at the root.
- Sage Styling Cream 1oz. – I keep this little gem in my bag. Not only does it hydrate my locks, but it gives my fine hair a great manageable tousled look, volume, and shine.
If I’m going to slowly freeze to death, I’m going to look good while doing it.
01.09.2014 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products, Skin Stories | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
2014 has started with a bang and a string of snow and ice storms. No one has been safe from extreme icy temperatures! If anyone is like me, these dry temps are wreaking havoc on your skin. As soon as the needle drops, I pull out the big moisturizing guns. On those days that my skin is extra parched, I intensify my skincare regimen by adding in a few extra steps of TLC. Let me take you through my super hydrating and brightening routine…
- Day 1 PM: I start by cleansing with the Grapefruit Face Cleanser and following up with the 10% Glycolic Pads. These have been in my regimen for awhile now so I use them as an overnight treatment, but if you are new to the pads, rinse with water and moisturize 20 minutes after applying. The 10% Glycolic Pads deeply exfoliate and reveal a brightened, dewy complexion! I call these guys “new face” because you wake up with new face.
- Day 2 PM: The Detox Face Mask is a deep cleanse and deep moisturizer that uses stable vitamin C, green tea and soy to instantly brighten. Your skin is left thoroughly cleansed, dewy and soft. Then I follow up with the Replenishing Face Serum. Our hyaluronic acid serum plumps up skin, fills in fine lines and draws moisture in deeper. It’s the perfect base for the last and final step – Replenishing Face Cream. Our Replenishing Face Cream is a rich damage repair focused cream that uses vitamins a, b, c and e to protect, and avocado and watermelon to repair.
12.26.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle | No comments
by Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
I can’t believe how quickly 2013 flew by! When I stop and think back about all the things that happened this year, I’m blown away. I’m not one for resolutions, but because I’ve noticed that the older I get, the quicker life flies by, I thought it might be the perfect time to start setting an extra goal for myself. 2014 is bound is be a great year – Malin+Goetz turns 10 and we have such an awesome team set in place to make big things happen. Check out the little things me and the staff are focusing on in 2014:
- Erica B. – My 2014 resolution is to actively be better at exploring outside of NYC. Vermont here I come!
- Emily S. – My New Year’s Resolution is to read more books. And to finish one before starting another. ;)
- Paul H. – “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” — John F Kennedy. I’d like to really make a tangible difference in 2014.
- Robert R.- 2014 is going to be an amazing year! My resolution: Simply be happy. :]
- Gabe M. – My New Year resolution is appreciate my blessings and good fortune and to pamper myself more. (with the M+G detox mask and serum! Omgeesie.)
- Paige H. – To actually go to the gym I pay for and visit my parents more.
- Dolores O.- Practice my guitar more. Laugh more.
- Michele S. – Eat more avocados. Learn to have a steady hand when painting my nails.
- Sarah G. – I would like to visit more museums and learn how to bake bread.
- Alessia T. – This year I want to make sure I carve out more time doing relaxing things like reading and yoga!
- Vinnie V. – My New Years resolution is to have more fun! Enjoys my friends and family, travel more, and do new things!
- Michael R. – My New Years resolution is to try something new, like a class, trip or experience.
- Devin T. – 1. Stop drinking orange juice after I just brushed my teeth. 2. That is all.
- Kenne K – Take classes in yoga, French and cooking.
12.05.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Apothecary and Lab, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
The holidays are here which means lots of food, lots of eggnog and lots of gift giving and receiving! Gift shopping can bring as much stress as it can pleasure, so I’m here to help ease the process. I’ve thrown together some gift ideas for everyone from Moms to teachers in a range of prices. Happy shopping!
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Cream ($72), Lip Moisturizing ($12) and an Otto Votive ($14)
Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Ivory Razor ($90)
Detox Face Mask ($40), Replenishing Face Serum ($68), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), and Vetiver Candle ($52)
Jojoba Face Scrub ($38), Vitamin E Shave Cream ($22), Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($45), Sage Body Wash ($18), Sage Styling Cream ($20), and Cannabis Candle ($52)
Lime Hand Wash ($20) and a Dark Rum Votive ($14).
Rum Hand Wash $20
The hard person to shop for: $50 Gift Certificate
11.21.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle | No comments
- Erica – This year I’m so thankful for my precious nephew, Bowman. He’s my favorite person ever and has made my love for my sister grow even more. She is hands down THE best mom ever. Also, avocados.
- Amanda – I’m thankful for my friends and family and Synthesized Lotus Root!
- Robert – I’m thankful for my family, friends, health, my love and season five of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Michael – I’m thankful for MALIN+GOETZ pomade, it makes my hair look amazing!
- Paige- This year I am thankful for my Father’s improving health and my amazingly supportive wonderful man, or my winning lotto ticket as I like to call him.
- Dolores – I’m thankful for my family. As I get older I realize more and more how precious they are to me. I’m grateful for the love and support of my friends. I can honestly say I consider many of my co-workers true friends. I know how rare this is and I truly am grateful.
- Emily – I am thankful for the fact that my parents are an easy 3 hr commute from NYC so I can see them for the holidays. Also, I’m thankful for big, fluffy, grandpa sweaters! Very cozy, and very necessary during the cold months.
- Alessia – My parents live across the country so I’m very thankful to be able to spend the holidays with my fiancé and his family here in NY.
- Kaj – I’m thankful for: A healthy family; The opportunity to live and work in Manhattan; MALIN+GOETZ gratis
- Gabe – I am thankful for my support network- my family and friends, who are always there for me.
- Paul – “Live simply, that others may simply live.”
- Kenne – I’m thankful for all of my friends for their unconditional love and support, and for my parents in heaven for guiding and watching over me. I am truly blessed!
- Sherisse – I am thankful for my family, old/new friends and new beginnings.
- Matthew A – I am thankful for 98 degree weather in Los Angeles during November. And I am thankful for air conditioning. And I am thankful that I found a Starbucks that stays open until midnight near where I live.
- Vinnie – I am thankful for my new studio apartment in Hollywood because I am in walking distance to everything that I need. I am thankful that I have a car, but only need it to get to work.
- Sara – I’m thankful that I got to travel so much in 2013.
- Jake – I’m thankful to be alive and to have such amazing support and love from my friends and family. Living in NYC isn’t easy and they’ve helped make that possible. Also, SO THANKFUL FOR THE NEW SAGE BODY WASH! Holler!
- Sarah – I am thankful for my family in NYC and California, my awesome coworkers, and burritos.
- Fariba – I am thankful for my health first and foremost. Also, I’m so thankful to be a part of the Malin+Goetz family!
- Kristen – I’m really thankful for everything, from big things like friends, freedom, and family to smaller ones like coffee, nail polish, and music. I am most thankful for my crazy and beautiful family. I have so much to be thankful for, I could write a book!
- Devin – I’m thankful for my amazing boyfriend and being able to come live in NYC! I’m also thankful I accidentally got paint on my new jacket (it looks cool now).