10.25.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By: Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
Fall is my favorite dating season because it’s impossible not to look cute in a leather jacket. I know everyone says summer is when your love life picks up, but false, it’s Fall. Here are my favorite tips to for getting date night ready.
- A night or two before the big event, indulge in the MALIN+GOETZ 10% Glycolic Pads. There’s a reason we call this an “overnight resurfacing treatment”, you will wake up with a radiant, glowing complexion and your moisturizers will perform better than ever.
- The day of the date is when you should call on your trusty Detox Face Mask. And it’s not just for your face! The Detox Mask is a deep cleanse + deep moisturizer and instantly brightens with green tea and soy.
- We’re almost to the finish line now! Massage a pea-sized amount of Vitamin E Face Moisturizer for a boost of lightweight hydration that also preps the skin for makeup application.
- Lastly, smooth a little M+G Lip Moisturizer as the perfect lipstick base that prevents feathering, or for a great pop of shine on your pucker.
BONUS: Don’t forget to drop your Vitamin B5 Hand treatment in your purse in case your date and you decide to stroll hand in hand down the street.
Go get em’ daters!
09.26.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
By: Erica, National Training Manager.
I was lucky enough to spend 3 training-filled days visiting accounts and staff in Chicago! The windy city turned out to be the rainy city, but the friendly faces made up for my soggy state. I loved training our accounts. From Haberdash, a mens clothing store + apothecary to Smith & Davis, a beautiful salon in Lincoln Park, I repeatedly found myself in niche spots that inspired me to update everything from my hairstyle or my closet. Visiting our out of town accounts in person, takes me back to our brand. We carefully select where MALIN+GOETZ is retailed because we tell a clear, concise story and we want that story present in every location we are found. This trip reminded me how defined the MALIN+GOETZ brand is and why I’m so passionate about my job. Our retailers are each telling their own story and MALIN+GOETZ is lucky enough to be a chapter in each of their worlds. My time in Chicago quickly came to an end, but I came back to New York with fresh eyes and an even greater love for what I do!
09.05.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Locations, Products, Skin Conditions | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
It’s time once again to bid adieu to summer. And while I won’t miss the sticky, humid days, where the thought of wearing my hair down and an ounce of makeup makes me want to crawl back in bed, I will miss dining al fresco and the sun setting at 9pm. Autumn is my favorite season – the bite in the air puts a pep in my step and there’s nothing I love more than a slouchy cardigan. The only complaint I have about the cooler weather is, my head-to-toe dry skin. So, not only does Fall require me to switch out my wardrobe, I also exchange my lightweight lotions for heavier creams and moisturizers to prepare my hide for the upcoming months. My favorite products to get me through the colder months are – Jojoba Face Scrub, Chamomile Treatment Oil, Replenishing Face Cream, Peppermint Body Scrub and Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer. True story – I’ve been stopped on the street before to ask me what I use to get a glowing complexion… Obviously, MALIN+GOETZ!
The Jojoba Face Scrub serves as a gentle every day cream cleanser. It puts hydration back in your skin.
I love warming one pump of the Chamomile Treatment Oil in my hands and pressing into my skin like a serum. The oil restores balance and gives my skin a great glow.
During winter months, the Replenishing Face Cream becomes my daily moisturizer. It’s the only thing that leaves my skin feeling hydrated and supple.
Some people are scared to exfoliate dry skin because they think it dries it out even more. This could not be farther from the truth! Gently exfoliating with the Peppermint Body Scrub removes the dry, dead skin and allows moisturizers to penetrate even deeper. You’re doing your scales well by scrubbing!
Right before I hop into my warm, cozy bed, I slather Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer all over – don’t forget your feet! Honey and shea butter soothe my parched skin and vitamin b5 deeply hydrates and plumps collagen.
08.22.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
I’ve recently had the pleasure of training the lovely staff at Birchbox. If you guys are anything like me, then you are OBSESSED with Birchbox! I wait patiently each month for my little box to arrive with all its fun treats inside. MALIN+GOETZ has teamed up with them and some of you lucky subscribers will be receiving samples from us. When I went to train their team on all things M+G, I was blown away when I walked into their beautiful news-style office. Everyone there is so happy, super warm, and it’s apparent that they truly LOVE their jobs. I jumped right into training their customer service team and instantly felt at ease and welcomed in front of the large group. They asked very thoughtful questions and were already in love with M+G, which makes my job that much more fun. Afterwards, we shared some laughs and macaroons, celebrating our collaboration.
As I turned to grab my things and leave, someone had left me a Birchbox as a gift. I am not ashamed to admit that I tore into it as soon as the elevator doors closed. The whole evening was a reminder of why I love what I do. Thank you Birchbox! I can’t wait for my next box to arrive!
08.09.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
This past weekend, I had my first summer picnic in the park! I must say, it was THE perfect day for it – not too hot, a nice breeze and lots of white puffy clouds. Here’s how M+G got me ready for my day out!
- Peppermint Body Scrub – I thoroughly buffed my legs for a close shave. The peppermint wakes you up while liquid bamboo and pumice gently exfoliate dead skin!
- Vitamin E Shave Cream – This treatment shave cream softens my skin and prevents razor burn. My legs may be super pale, but they were also super soft! Moisturizer not even needed – don’t be wasteful!
- Sage Styling Cream – Not only am I pale, but I have fine hair too…I know, I’m a mess. Because my hair is so limp, I like that tousled, “brush hasn’t touched these tresses in days” – look to give the illusion of bountiful locks. After I shampoo and condition, I run a pea sized drop of Sage Styling Cream through my damp hair for that “day at the beach” look. I air dry and I’m on my way.
The next step was finding the perfect tree to relax under. I lucked out! The park wasn’t crowded and I secured a spot under a big tree to lend me shade and give me somewhere to tie up my spirited Yorkie.
Here’s what wrapped up lovely Sunday in the park -
- Neroli Hand + Body Lotion – After a sticky day in the sun, the Neroli Hand + Body lotion is perfect for my sun kissed shoulders. Neroli is calming and soothing and hyaluronic acid puts moisture back into my scorched skin.
- Grapefruit Face Cleanser – After my glorious day of frolicking through the grass, I’m sweaty and petrified of a potential pimple. But I know that’s not a real concern, because I wash my face with the grapefruit face cleanser before bed. Grapefruit kills bacteria, cuts oil and dirt, but the hydrating gel cleanser balances my skin. Ah, so fresh!
It was truly a perfect day in the shade!