11.21.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Lifestyle | No comments
- Erica – This year I’m so thankful for my precious nephew, Bowman. He’s my favorite person ever and has made my love for my sister grow even more. She is hands down THE best mom ever. Also, avocados.
- Amanda – I’m thankful for my friends and family and Synthesized Lotus Root!
- Robert – I’m thankful for my family, friends, health, my love and season five of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Michael – I’m thankful for MALIN+GOETZ pomade, it makes my hair look amazing!
- Paige- This year I am thankful for my Father’s improving health and my amazingly supportive wonderful man, or my winning lotto ticket as I like to call him.
- Dolores – I’m thankful for my family. As I get older I realize more and more how precious they are to me. I’m grateful for the love and support of my friends. I can honestly say I consider many of my co-workers true friends. I know how rare this is and I truly am grateful.
- Emily – I am thankful for the fact that my parents are an easy 3 hr commute from NYC so I can see them for the holidays. Also, I’m thankful for big, fluffy, grandpa sweaters! Very cozy, and very necessary during the cold months.
- Alessia – My parents live across the country so I’m very thankful to be able to spend the holidays with my fiancé and his family here in NY.
- Kaj – I’m thankful for: A healthy family; The opportunity to live and work in Manhattan; MALIN+GOETZ gratis
- Gabe – I am thankful for my support network- my family and friends, who are always there for me.
- Paul – “Live simply, that others may simply live.”
- Kenne – I’m thankful for all of my friends for their unconditional love and support, and for my parents in heaven for guiding and watching over me. I am truly blessed!
- Sherisse – I am thankful for my family, old/new friends and new beginnings.
- Matthew A – I am thankful for 98 degree weather in Los Angeles during November. And I am thankful for air conditioning. And I am thankful that I found a Starbucks that stays open until midnight near where I live.
- Vinnie – I am thankful for my new studio apartment in Hollywood because I am in walking distance to everything that I need. I am thankful that I have a car, but only need it to get to work.
- Sara – I’m thankful that I got to travel so much in 2013.
- Jake – I’m thankful to be alive and to have such amazing support and love from my friends and family. Living in NYC isn’t easy and they’ve helped make that possible. Also, SO THANKFUL FOR THE NEW SAGE BODY WASH! Holler!
- Sarah – I am thankful for my family in NYC and California, my awesome coworkers, and burritos.
- Fariba – I am thankful for my health first and foremost. Also, I’m so thankful to be a part of the Malin+Goetz family!
- Kristen – I’m really thankful for everything, from big things like friends, freedom, and family to smaller ones like coffee, nail polish, and music. I am most thankful for my crazy and beautiful family. I have so much to be thankful for, I could write a book!
- Devin – I’m thankful for my amazing boyfriend and being able to come live in NYC! I’m also thankful I accidentally got paint on my new jacket (it looks cool now).
11.08.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Products, Skin Conditions | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
MALIN+GOETZ NEW Body Wash: Sage! The same beloved natural scent found in our Sage Styling Cream, sage has astringent properties and antioxidants that protect skin from damage. Other benefits: increases blood circulation, relieves symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, stimulates cell renewal, encourages hair growth and minimizes hair loss. Phew! Next time you lather up or style your coif, remember that it’s not just about the delicious smell, but also your health.
Did you know? We formulate for sensitive skin. Each treatment is free of parabens, harsh detergents, dyes and synthetic fragrances. Our treatments are naturally-scented and while they smell beautiful our goal is therapeutic. Like chemists from years ago, we use botanicals that serve a purpose. I’m constantly impressed by their power and different uses.
Sage Body Wash Product Tips: In those drier winter months, add a couple capfuls of Sage Body Wash to a warm bath to soothe dry, itchy skin and breathe in the invigorating herbal scent to help clear sinuses and relax your mind!
10.25.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Lifestyle, Products | No comments
By: Erica Bowman, National Training Manager
Fall is my favorite dating season because it’s impossible not to look cute in a leather jacket. I know everyone says summer is when your love life picks up, but false, it’s Fall. Here are my favorite tips to for getting date night ready.
- A night or two before the big event, indulge in the MALIN+GOETZ 10% Glycolic Pads. There’s a reason we call this an “overnight resurfacing treatment”, you will wake up with a radiant, glowing complexion and your moisturizers will perform better than ever.
- The day of the date is when you should call on your trusty Detox Face Mask. And it’s not just for your face! The Detox Mask is a deep cleanse + deep moisturizer and instantly brightens with green tea and soy.
- We’re almost to the finish line now! Massage a pea-sized amount of Vitamin E Face Moisturizer for a boost of lightweight hydration that also preps the skin for makeup application.
- Lastly, smooth a little M+G Lip Moisturizer as the perfect lipstick base that prevents feathering, or for a great pop of shine on your pucker.
BONUS: Don’t forget to drop your Vitamin B5 Hand treatment in your purse in case your date and you decide to stroll hand in hand down the street.
Go get em’ daters!
09.26.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Apothecary and Lab | No comments
By: Erica, National Training Manager.
I was lucky enough to spend 3 training-filled days visiting accounts and staff in Chicago! The windy city turned out to be the rainy city, but the friendly faces made up for my soggy state. I loved training our accounts. From Haberdash, a mens clothing store + apothecary to Smith & Davis, a beautiful salon in Lincoln Park, I repeatedly found myself in niche spots that inspired me to update everything from my hairstyle or my closet. Visiting our out of town accounts in person, takes me back to our brand. We carefully select where MALIN+GOETZ is retailed because we tell a clear, concise story and we want that story present in every location we are found. This trip reminded me how defined the MALIN+GOETZ brand is and why I’m so passionate about my job. Our retailers are each telling their own story and MALIN+GOETZ is lucky enough to be a chapter in each of their worlds. My time in Chicago quickly came to an end, but I came back to New York with fresh eyes and an even greater love for what I do!
09.05.2013 | Posted by MALIN+GOETZ in Advice, Locations, Products, Skin Conditions | No comments
By Erica, National Training Manager
It’s time once again to bid adieu to summer. And while I won’t miss the sticky, humid days, where the thought of wearing my hair down and an ounce of makeup makes me want to crawl back in bed, I will miss dining al fresco and the sun setting at 9pm. Autumn is my favorite season – the bite in the air puts a pep in my step and there’s nothing I love more than a slouchy cardigan. The only complaint I have about the cooler weather is, my head-to-toe dry skin. So, not only does Fall require me to switch out my wardrobe, I also exchange my lightweight lotions for heavier creams and moisturizers to prepare my hide for the upcoming months. My favorite products to get me through the colder months are – Jojoba Face Scrub, Chamomile Treatment Oil, Replenishing Face Cream, Peppermint Body Scrub and Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer. True story – I’ve been stopped on the street before to ask me what I use to get a glowing complexion… Obviously, MALIN+GOETZ!
The Jojoba Face Scrub serves as a gentle every day cream cleanser. It puts hydration back in your skin.
I love warming one pump of the Chamomile Treatment Oil in my hands and pressing into my skin like a serum. The oil restores balance and gives my skin a great glow.
During winter months, the Replenishing Face Cream becomes my daily moisturizer. It’s the only thing that leaves my skin feeling hydrated and supple.
Some people are scared to exfoliate dry skin because they think it dries it out even more. This could not be farther from the truth! Gently exfoliating with the Peppermint Body Scrub removes the dry, dead skin and allows moisturizers to penetrate even deeper. You’re doing your scales well by scrubbing!
Right before I hop into my warm, cozy bed, I slather Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer all over – don’t forget your feet! Honey and shea butter soothe my parched skin and vitamin b5 deeply hydrates and plumps collagen.