LAST UPDATED: August 2021
Terms of Website Use
This Site is not designed for and does not collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13.
THE SECTION BELOW ENTITLED "DISPUTES'' CONTAINS PROVISIONS WHICH WAIVE YOUR ABILITY (i) TO HAVE YOUR DISPUTE HEARD BEFORE A JURY AND (ii) TO BRING A CLASS ACTION. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
Copyright and Ownership of Rights
All design, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software on the Site is Copyright ©2019 MALIN+GOETZ, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of MALIN+GOETZ or its affiliates and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on the Site is the property of MALIN+GOETZ or its software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Any use of this Site or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or in part other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our prior permission in each instance. You may not modify, delete, distribute or post anything on this Site for any purpose.
www.malinandgoetz.com, other trademarks, logos and service marks as well as all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are registered and unregistered service marks, designs, trademarks, and/or trade dress ("Intellectual Property") of MALIN+GOETZ, our affiliates, our licensors and/or our suppliers in the United Kingdom, France and the United States and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not offered by MALIN+GOETZ in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us. All Intellectual Property displayed on our Site is protected by trademark laws in Europe, the United States, and internationally. Except in connection with placing an order for merchandise or as required by applicable law, you may not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, access, modify or otherwise exploit our Intellectual Property or that of our suppliers without our or their prior written consent.
Accuracy of Content
The packaging of our products may vary from that shown. The weights and dimensions of our products are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the color of the products that appear on the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your personal computer equipment, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the merchandise on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, MALIN+GOETZ disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Site. We are not responsible for the content of any Third Party Sites. Links appearing on this Site are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement by us of the content, products, services or suppliers connected therewith. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this Site or in Third Party Sites.
Damage To Your Computer
MALIN+GOETZ makes every effort to ensure that this Site is free from viruses and defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Site or any websites accessible through it (including Third Party Sites) will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct equipment is available to use the Site and screen out anything that may damage it. MALIN+GOETZ will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this Site.
If you access the Site via your mobile phone, we do not currently charge for this access. Please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees or data charges, will still apply.
Limitation of Liability
The Site and its content and services are presented "AS IS". To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content or services, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage in contract, warranty or in tort (including negligence) arising under or in connection with:
- use of or inability to use our Site; or
- inaccuracies or omissions in any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable in contract, warranty or in tort (including negligence) for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage.
The preceding text is subject to the Section “Notice of Residents of New Jersey” below
This provision is subject to the Section “Notice of Residents of New Jersey” below
You may use our Site for lawful purposes only. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation ('spam');
- to knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein; or
- to interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site or to disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site, including by using any device, software or routine to bypass robot exclusion headers.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
Submission of Information
User Generated Material
By submitting ideas, designs, customizations, creative concepts, or any other information ("User Generated Material") to this Site (or to our accounts on any Third Party Sites), you accept and agree that you assign and/or waive all ownership of and rights (including moral rights) in or to any intellectual property rights and other rights in the User Generated Material to MALIN+GOETZ. To the extent such transfer is not valid, you grant MALIN+GOETZ, by submitting the User Generated Material to this Site, a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, including but not limited to a right to copy, modify, publicly display, distribute and to sublicense (all or parts of), the User Generated Material for any purposes as it deems fit, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving this Site or other products or services both online and offline.
All User Generated Material shall be deemed to be non-confidential. MALIN+GOETZ shall be entitled to use or disclose the User Generated Material in any manner whatsoever, without liability or notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no claim against MALIN+GOETZ or any other party should any User Generated Material created, posted or sent by you be used in the above sense by MALIN+GOETZ or any part of its group.
You warrant that:
- you own or are otherwise entitled to any and all rights in any User Generated Material;
- any User Generated Material is not and does not contain material which is offensive, abusive, pornographic, defamatory, blasphemous or unlawful, and does not infringe or potentially infringe the rights of a third party or any applicable law including, in particular, any intellectual property rights;
- any User Generated Material is original and is not copied in whole or in part from any third party;
- any User Generated Material does not contain or constitute software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or 'spam' in any form; and
- you will not impersonate any person or entity or use any false e-mail address or otherwise mislead us as to the origin of any User Generated Material submitted, and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any claims arising from your claims and/or any third party claims to any rights in any User Generated Material.
You agree that MALIN+GOETZ:
- does not and has no obligation to review the User Generated Material;
- is not in any manner responsible for User Generated Material;
- does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Generated Material; and
- cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Generated Material will not appear on this Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, MALIN+GOETZ reserves the right to moderate all User Generated Material and to decline the submission of, edit the content of, or remove from this Site, any User Generated Material in its absolute discretion, for example because it infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, because the content is inappropriate, obscene, or abusive, or for any other reason. MALIN+GOETZ is under no obligation to inform you of the reasons for such intervention.
Reservation of Rights
Notice of Residents of New Jersey
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
If you believe your work or content has been copied and posted to the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide MALIN+GOETZ's designated copyright agent the following written information in accordance with the DMCA:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available); and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our DMCA designated copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this Site is the Managing Director of MALIN+GOETZ, who can be reached as follows:
(MALIN+GOETZ), 330 Seventh Avenue, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10001
Fraud Protection Program
As part of our order processing procedures, we screen all received orders for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If such is the case, we may reject your order or our Customer Service department may call you at the phone number you provided (or use your e-mail address) to confirm your order. We also reserve the right to cancel any accounts or refuse to ship to certain addresses due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. We take these measures to protect our customers as well as ourselves from fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We only supply Products for domestic and private use in reasonable quantities expected of a consumer and we do not make bulk sales. We do not sell more than 5 of the same item to any consumer and if you order more than this quantity in one order or in a series of orders we may request confirmation from you that you are a consumer rather than an un-authorised re-seller and we may refuse to accept your offer to purchase the Products ordered. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purposes. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Consent to Receive Notices Electronically
Any claim or dispute between you and Malin + Goetz that arises in whole or in part from the Site shall be decided exclusively before a Judge in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ELECT THAT A JURY DECIDES YOUR CLAIM. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. The preceding sentence is subject to the Section “Notice of Residents of New Jersey” below.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OF REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION.