Less, but better.
“MALIN+GOETZ is uncomplicated skincare. It has always been a less is more concept with a focus on what is essential for daily use. This foundation is woven throughout everything we do and has been from day one. We are always conscious to eliminate unnecessary ingredients, packaging and steps in your regimen. We have always manufactured local to NYC, our home, and focused on local communities where we can make a great impact.” – Matthew Malin
Less is more. We’re all familiar with the popular phrase. A profound and aspirational philosophy that’s transcended through the decades and could not be more relevant in today’s world. As many of you know, this philosophy has been woven into our brand since the very beginning. Many of the decisions around Malin+Goetz’s ingredients, packaging, and actions are guided by this very philosophy. Uncomplicating your regimen is our mission. Striving to make high quality, sophisticated, yet easy-to-use products that are meant to be gentle, effective and efficient in every shape, way and form. Less packaging, less fuss, less…waste.
That brings us to sustainability. Although the term has been at the forefront of many conversations in our industry, it has been embedded in our DNA since we started our business 16 years ago. As New Yorkers, developing and nurturing partnerships with local and family-oriented businesses in and around the New York area has always been important. Even now, with our expanding global presence, all of our products are still manufactured within a 90-mile radius of NYC to help limit our carbon footprint.
Although there’s still so much more to be done, we’ve made an ongoing commitment to the environment and our customers to strive to be more sustainable now and into the future. This means more uncomplicated packaging, more eco-friendly formulas, and more sustainable materials that are designed to be reused and recycled. While many of these updates will go unnoticed, that is the very intention, so that our customers can still enjoy the design-forward packaging they know and love, but now with more purpose. A more eco-conscious product that makes us feel good on the inside too.
2020 Packaging updates:
- In an effort to reduce the use of unnecessary packaging , our glycolic pads, revitalizing eye gel, and revitalizing eye cream have been repackaged into smaller formats for less waste.
- We will introduce more oversized, eco-friendly formats such as gallons and 32oz sizes for our best sellers.
- We are FSC forest stewardship certified and this symbol will be reflected on our cartons.
- Our MalinandGoetz.com shippers are SFI certified (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) and made of 67% recycled paper.
- Starting in October 2020: our full size eucalyptus deodorant will become 100% recyclable + our Fragrance boxes will transition to paper pulp inserts (vs. foam).
What’s coming in 2021:
- We will begin to transition our products from 100% virgin plastic into 30% PCR (post-consumer recycled plastic).
- All 1oz tubes will transition from plastic to aluminum tubes: this will affect our essential kit, hand treatments and sage styling cream 1oz.